Support. Education. Advocacy.
The Support Education & Advocacy (SEA) Center is a peer-run operation dedicated to providing support, education and advocacy through opportunities and resources for individuals to help them find their own path to mental health recovery. The S.E.A. Center is open to any individual who has a mental illness or a brain disorder, as well as family members and close friends of those living with a mental illness. There is no cost or referral necessary to participate.
The SEA Center offers:
- One of Houston’s largest lending libraries of books, pamphlets, videos and other materials that provide information on mental illness diagnoses, coping skills and advocacy that can be used on premises or borrowed.
- A Welcome Corner for informal sharing of resources and experience with trained volunteers who can help overcome the initial shock that accompanies a new diagnosis of mental illness – kindness and a cup of coffee spell acceptance and that can do a lot to erase the stigma associated with these illnesses.
- Internet connection to aid in research of community resources and information
- A classroom and media equipment for trainings, classes, and other educational programs
- Friendly help from people who have faced psychiatric and/or substance abuse conditions themselves, or as family members/close friends
- SEA Center hours are Monday through Thursday from 9:00 am-4:00 pm.
The NAMI S.E.A. Center is located at 3630 West Dallas, Suite 140, Houston, TX 77019
To learn more about the NAMI S.E.A. Center, call us at (713) 970-4483, Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM (CST), or email us at email@example.com