Resources For Minority CommunityNAMI GH MH Resource Page rev.5.29.2020-1
Here are ways and resources to better serve and support the LGBTQIA+ community members:
· Participate in education/training that focus on legal issues, ‘coming out’ process, and other relevant topics. More information:
· Learn and understand the use of pronouns and chosen names. It’s important to ensure we use the pronouns and chosen names of individuals to affirm their gender identity.
· Do not ‘Out’ people—this is a personal choice. Follow the lead of the LGBTQ+ person in how they wish to discuss their identity
· Provide relevant resources and ways of finding Queer-friendly providers (specifically mental health providers):https://www.wpath.org/provider/search.
· Find other LGBTQIA+ mental health statistics to understand the needs of the community.
Resources for LGBTQIA+ community members: