Family and Friends
NAMI Family & Friends is a free 90-minute or four-hour seminar that informs people who have loved ones with a mental health condition how to best support them. It’s also an opportunity to meet other people in similar situations and gain community support.
This program is open to family members, friends, neighbors, advocates, and anyone interested in learning more about mental health conditions and how to support those impacted by diagnoses. We offer this program in English, Spanish, and Mandarin.
- Understanding diagnoses, treatment, and recovery
- Effective communication strategies
- The importance of self-care
- Crisis preparation strategies
- NAMI Greater Houston and community resources
If you are interested in bringing this seminar to your community, please contact Angelina Hudson, Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-970-4489.