Donate to NAMI Greater Houston
NAMI Greater Houston dedicates itself every day to educating the Houston community about all forms of mental illnesses; advocating for equitable treatment and reduced stigma; and by providing knowledgable support through the offering of support groups for the both the diagnosed as well as family members, friends and loved ones of those living with a mental illness.
All of our services are provided to the public free of charge. In addition, nearly 85 cents of every dollar NAMI Greater Houston receives is directly invested in providing our programs and services.
All contributions, both monetary and in-kind, are 100% tax deductible!
Mail your donation to: NAMI Greater Houston; P.O. Box 66270; Houston, TX 77266-6270
OR online: to donate safely and securely through PayPal, click here
Additional ways to support NAMI Greater Houston:
1. General Donation: Help NAMI Greater Houston continue to improve the lives of those with mental illness and their families through its many support and education programs, and its advocacy at the state and national level.
2. Honorary/Memorial Donations: Honor someone who is special to you or in the memory of a dear loved one.
3. Car Donation Program:
You can donate your vehicle to the CARS programs for a 100% tax deductible donation with the proceeds of your generous donation benefiting NAMI Greater Houston. Simply call 1-800-500-7433 or go online to https://careasy.org/nonprofit/nami-greater-houston The CARS program will take care of the rest including picking up your vehicle at no cost. In turn you will be given the information you’ll need for your generous tax deduction.
4. Amazon Smile:
Amazon is now giving away a portion of its sales to benefit NAMI Greater Houston through its AmazonSmile program. AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service. Visit smile.amazon.com and enter the keyword: ‘NAMI Greater Houston‘ With a few clicks of your mouse, all your Amazon purchases will go to benefit NAMI Greater Houston!
5. Kroger Community Rewards:
NAMI Greater Houston is enrolled in the Kroger Community Rewards Program. Every time you use your Kroger Plus Card, a portion of your sale will go directly to support NAMI Greater Houston. It used to be that shoppers would have to show their Community Rewards Identification card in order for the charity of their choice to receive donations. Now Kroger has linked those donations directly to your Kroger Plus Card! To participate, simply link your Kroger Plus Card with NAMI Greater Houston. It’s easy, only takes a couple of minutes and will help raise monies for our growing organization! All supporters must have a registered Kroger plus card account online to be able to link their card to an organization. Link your card at www.KrogerCommunityRewards.com.
6. eBay Giving Works:
NAMI Greater Houston is now registered with eBay Giving Works. You can show your support of NAMI Greater Houston when you buy and sell on eBay. Please take a few moments to visit our NAMI Greater Houston’s home page. Click ‘Add to my Causes’ in the upper right of the page. That’s it!
7. Workplace Giving: Your workplace may help you give. Many companies match employee donations dollar for dollar.
8. Leadership Alliance: Our Leadership Alliance is made up of donors who make a total cumulative gift of $500 or more per year. We are extremely grateful for their support, which is essential to advancing NAMI’s mission.
9. Planned Giving/Legacy Society: for our supporters who wish to make NAMI Greater Houston part of their estate plan. You may insert the following language in your will: I give, devise and bequeath to NAMI Greater Houston, tax ID number 76-0242186, 3630 West Dallas, Suite 140, Houston, TX 77019 [insert dollar amount, percentage of estate, or describe property] to be used for its educational purposes. Please call our office at (713) 970-4419 for more details.
10. Gifts of Life Insurance or Retirement Accounts:
The owner of a life insurance policy, IRA or other retirement account, such as a 401(k), may name NAMI Greater Houston as a full or partial beneficiary of the life insurance proceeds or retirement account balance upon death. Rather than leave these assets to family members who will incur income tax liability when taking distributions from retirement accounts, charities can take all of the proceeds in a lump sum with no tax liability.
11. Distributions from Your Revocable or Irrevocable Trust:
When making or updating a trust, please consider a gift to NAMI.
“The trustee shall distribute $________ to NAMI Greater Houston to be used (for its general purposes) (for [specific purpose])”; or
“The trustee shall distribute (___% of the residue) of my estate to NAMI Greater Houston (for its general purposes) (for [specific purpose]).”
To learn more about giving to NAMI Greater Houston, call us at (713) 970-4419, Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM (CST), or email us