Across the NAMI Greater Houston service area, more than100 trained and certified volunteers bring peer-led programs to a wide variety of community settings, from churches to schools to corporations.
With the unique understanding of people with lived experience, our programs and support groups provide outstanding free education, skills training, and support. We provide these services to those who are:
- impacted by a mental health condition,
- family members of those diagnosed, or
- advocates for those working towards recovery after receiving a mental health diagnosis.
We offer education that is designed to support you and your needs.
NAMI Greater Houston mental health education classes include:
- Family-to-Family (English, Spanish, Mandarin): A series of twelve weekly classes for family and friends of individuals with serious mental illness.
- Peer-to-Peer: NAMI Peer-to-Peer is an 8-session educational program for adults with mental illness who are looking to better understand their condition and journey toward recovery.
- NAMI Basics (English and Spanish): A education program for parents and other caregivers of children and adolescents living with mental illness.
- Homefront: NAMI Homefront is a free, 6-session educational program designed to address the unique needs of the family, caregivers, and friends of military personnel who have served or are currently serving our country and live with mental health conditions.
- NAMI Family and Friends: NAMI Family and Friends is a 4-hour seminar that informs and supports family members, partners, and friends who have loved ones with a mental health condition.
- NAMI Provider Education Program: A course for mental health Providers that presents an insightful and subjective view of family and consumer experiences with serious mental illness. We deliver this program, with CEUs, in 2 formats; 4-hour and 15-hour.
If you are not sure which education course is best suited to your needs, please direct your questions or concerns to our program coordinator via the contact form below. If you would like to pre-register for a specific course, please visit the specific course page to fill out the online form. A current schedule of classes is on each education course page.