‘It saved my life’ | Harris County program diverts low-level offenders with mental illness from jail to treatmentDecember 13, 2019
More than a third of inmates at the Harris County jail are taking psychotropic medications.
A year ago, the county began a program to divert low level offender with mental issues from jail to treatment.
The jail houses more mental health patients on any given day than all 10 state hospitals combined.
The county started diverting suspects from Read More
- Sweet tooth? Shop at a one-day cake shop to help those facing mental illness
- NAMI Applauds FCC Leadership On 9-8-8 Crisis Number
- Preventing And Preparing For A Mental Health Crisis
- New grant will fund free mental health screenings in Houston area public schools
- What is social anxiety, the mental health issue Astros pitcher Zack Greinke battles?