November 11, 2017 | nami.org
The data is in: the inequities for people seeking mental health care are real.
On November 30, NAMI released its third nationwide parity report, The Doctor is Out. The report found that, despite the federal parity law, people lack the same access to mental health providers as they have for other medical providers.
“Treatment is very expensive, mostly out-of-network, and at least in the area we are in, there is a shortage of psychiatrists.” Cami
More than Read More
- New Online Course Helps People Who May Have Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Harris County Jail launches new program to halt opioid addiction
- Study shows people with mental health conditions more likely to have coverage, access through Affordable Care Act
- Stigmatizing Media Portrayals: What Can We Do?
- Mental Health On Capitol Hill Update