August 5, 2019 By Ted Oberg ABC13 https://abc13.com/gov-abbott-calls-for-improved-mental-health-treatment-in-texas/5445332/
HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) — In his first comments in response to the deadly weekend shooting in El Paso, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott focused on improving mental health care statewide.
Speaking at a news conference on Saturday, Abbott told reporters, “I can tell you that perhaps the most profound and agreed upon issue that came out of all of those hearings (after the Santa Fe school shooting) was the need for the state and Read More
- Mental illness may cause early death
- How To Keep People Engaged In Mental Health Treatment
- Study Shows NAMI Homefront Helps Veteran Family Members
- Texas governor signs bill requiring mental health curriculum in public schools
- Construction begins on first public mental health hospital in Harris County in more than 30 years