Oct. 31, 2019 12:24 PM CDT By Emma Whalen Community Impact Newspaper https://communityimpact.com/houston/heights-river-oaks-montrose/2019/10/31/new-grant-will-fund-free-mental-health-screenings-in-houston-area-public-schools
Thousands of Houston area students will see increased mental health access thanks to a four-year, $4 million grant awarded to the city of Houston, officials announced Oct. 30.
Beginning in spring 2020, students in Houston, Pasadena, Spring and Sheldon ISDs as well as the charter, Raul Yzaguirre School for Success, will be offered free mental health screenings. The most urgent cases will be referred to a telepsychiatrist clinic Read More
- What is social anxiety, the mental health issue Astros pitcher Zack Greinke battles?
- How Families Can Work Together
- NAMI Applauds HHS For Removing Barriers To Treatment For People With Serious Mental Illness
- What I Want You To Know About Borderline Personality Disorder
- Houston church’s mental health ministry now serves 800 people a week for free