Inside the new Judge Ed Emmett Mental Health Diversion Center in Midtown (Elizabeth Trovall/Houston Public Media)
Some 3,000 people receive psychiatric treatment at the Harris County Jail each day, more than any other mental health hospital in Texas.
The police probably wouldn’t be your first call if you had the flu or a broken leg, yet all too often during a mental health emergency, law enforcement is where people turn.
“Mental illness, it’s a health condition, so the involvement of law enforcement Read More
- Spike in mental health issues, suicidal thoughts alarms Texas school counselors
- The Top Five Things To Know About Buying Health Insurance
- Facing Discrimination While Advocating
- Houston Schools Launch New “Be Nice” Program for Mental Health, Bullying Prevention
- New Program Addresses Depression, Sexual Violence in Communities Still Struggling after Harvey