Posted: Jun 3, 2019 / 09:44 PM EDT https://www.wric.com/news/texas-governor-signs-bill-requiring-mental-health-curriculum-in-public-schools/Updated: Jun 3, 2019 / 09:44 PM EDT By Will Armbruster ABC8 News
AUSTIN (KXAN) — Governor Greg Abbott signed House Bill 18, an omnibus bill meant to get more mental health services to students in Texas public schools.
Amarillo Republican Representative Four Price and Austin Democratic Senator Kirk Watson shepherded the bill through the legislature. It would require school districts to offer mental health and suicide prevention curricula if they do the same Read More
- Construction begins on first public mental health hospital in Harris County in more than 30 years
- Responding To Bipolar Psychotic Symptoms
- NAMI Joins Seven Leading Organizations To Launch Mental Health For US Coalition
- VA mental health therapy in your living room
- Houston’s New Poet Laureate Plans To Tackle Mental Health Through Poetry