Texas’ 85th legislative session will not make cuts to mental health care funding—despite having to make reductions in other areas.
Gov. Greg Abbott and state leadership have asked state agencies to scale back funding requests by 4 percent because of anticipated budget deficits related to the drop in the price of oil, said Annalee Gulley, director of public policy and government affairs for Mental Health America of Greater Houston.
“Exemptions to this cut have been granted Read More
- Advocates Worry Mental Health First Aid Skirts Serious Mental Illness
- Mental Health Treatment Is A Privilege Many People Can’t Afford
- Could celebrities’ stories destigmatize mental illness for the masses?
- Court case highlights gaps in state’s mental health care system
- Trooper’s fatal shooting of mentally ill man raises questions