June 28, 2016
Our bodies and minds are one. Physical health and mental health are inextricably bound together. But we can easily lose sight of how poorly and infrequently this basic truth is reflected in the systems we’ve developed to care for ourselves and one another.
Consider the complex relationship between our weight and our state of mind. Depression and anxiety can lead to weight gain. Obesity increases the risk of diabetes, high blood pressure and other chronic conditions.
This can lead to Read More
- Pilot program gives hope to inmates with mental health needs
- NAMI Applauds Passage of H.R. 2646, the Helping Families in Mental Health Crisis Act
- The $1 Trillion Link Between Mental Health And Economic Productivity
- Photography exhibit shines spotlight on mental health
- Kristen Bell Wants Mental Health Screenings To Be As Common As Dentist Visits & She Makes A Great Point